Sea Hawk model in 1/72 scale : kit review & modelling report:
MPM and Hobbyboss kits
Go to Page 
The Sea Hawk was in 2001 a nice newcomer from MPM in 1/72, the other kit being the very old Airfix kit in this scale seen below.... (mid 2011, Hobbyboss released an even better 1/72 Seahawk model as well, see page 3)
The kit presented here is the MPM
kit no. 72094. The kitis very fine,
with some 35 parts and a good canopy. The accuracy is good and you will
get a fine model in the end. (note: the later Special Hobby kit is the
The Airfix kit: very basic but not so bad for its days, made way back in the seventies. Dutch IPMS decals issued at that time were used, the plane being finished in the Dutch Naval air arm (MLD) scheme
As modelled decades ago...
Continued with the new MPM kit.....
- the intakes are too simple and you
can see through... The Seahawk has an older style engine intake with guide
vanes. Add these from card;
- cut in the gun fairings slots and
make 4 holes for the guns in the lower forward fuselage
- add weight in the nose!
- the cockpit will benefit from some more detailing; the seat headrest is too small and the seat should be slightly more forward in the cockpit tub; correct this.
- add the sliding slots with a scalpel
at the base of the canopy in the aft fuselage area.
Decals allows you to choose between an RNavy 810 NAS or 806 Squadron mk. 4 aircraft or an Indian Navy 300 squadron aircraft. The Indian roundels are unfortunately incorrect.
Commercial decal sets will come soon I guess.
Go to Sea Hawk Page  ...
- Warpaint 29: Sea Hawk, Hall park books, UK (released summer 2001)
- 4+ publications, Sea Hawk (released summer 2001)
- Website JetMan: Sea hawk
of the real Sea hawk on my site.
(c) Copyright "designer"/ All rights reserved/ Amsterdam The Netherlands.Your comments are welcomed by webmaster
Created September 30, 2001
Updated January, 2017