The folding wing option will be applied
on the Aquilon model and requires adding some
details to the wing folding mechanisms. To add strength, a thick metal
wire was used from a thick paperclip.
The pilot figures were discarded.
The ejection seats in the kit are
a bit basic. These were detailed with strip and card. It seems that the
seats are (based on) Martin Baker mk.4A.
On Internet a picture was found,
but I am not sure if this is correct.
The seat activation handle was made
from red stretched sprue on the Sea Venom.
I closed the open rear of the seat
with tape, cut to the contours and simply added details to kit part from
strip, tape and belts & buckles pieces of etched metal to add realisme.
The seat cushions seem to be leather colour.
.For the French Aquilon,
some sources suggest similar seats were used, maybe licensed to SNCASE.
No more information could be found, so I only changed the seat activation
wire colour to yellow.
The seats do fit into the tiny space
in the cockpit tub.
The undercarriages were assembled
as shown. Some minor details were added from thin metal wire and the legs
painted aluminium. The nose wheel looks strange but is OK as on the aircraft
anti-shimmy tyres were used. I had trouble aligned bot nose wheel halves,
som simply sand the glueing surface flat and join.
The wheels can be "rotated"; I left
out the parts #34 and fixed the wheels to the legs. Painting the wheel
hub requires a steady hand. Make sure to align the wheels 90 degrees to
These cover the armament with rockets.
There are some sink marks on some of the rockets. Fill these. The rockets
were painted aluminium with black heads and set on to the Sea Venom.
For the Aquilon,
I found a French missile look alike in the spares box. I reduced the rear
length and painted it white. An underwing pylon was made from plastic thick
card and sanded in shape.
The various antennas may differ between
aircraft. For the Sea Venom, the belly antennas and stubs can be seen here.
I replaced some antennas with thin metal wire.
A hatch was opened up for the RAN
Sea Venom immediately aft of the nose. Based on some vague pictures, some
detail was added from strip and parts from the spares box; it is all black
As noted before,
Mr. A. Dulieu / IPMS France provided some additional information on the
On the Aquilon
203 model, the forward nose was set open. The area was detailed with strip,
rod and card.
The area was painted light green
with details in black; use white glue to add rivets and twisted metal wires
for the electrical lines.
engine area was also painted further, details being added much earlier
during the built.
to next [
Page 5 ......]