1/32 scale Hawker Sea Fury with the Hobbycraft kit
review / Building report
... continued from 1/32 Sea Fury page 2....
1. The stabilizers were put with 90 degree angle to the vertical aft fuselage. You need some thicker glue here.
2. The rockets were added and the two fuel tanks. I had to enlarge the locating holes and aligning the rockets with their pylons is quite some work.
3. The right wing leading edge light was not on the actual plane, I did not notice this on time. The area was filled and painted (better to do that earlier).
4. The four wing leading edge canons were made from tubing fitted inside the holes. The inner ones fall almost inside the wing, the outward ones protrude a nit outside.
5. The wingtip lights are provided only "solid" in the kit. Four small corners were cut out from thin clear plastic sheet (from a supermarket package) that would fit. Two small pieces on plastic strip were put inside and painted red and blue for the lights.
6. The pitot tube was made from a metal needle and the thicker section is a piece of tube.
7. The tail arresterhook on this particular plane has black-white striping. This was added using a black marker. Also seen is the small retractable entry step below the wing root fairing.
8. A small spine antenna was added from thin fuse wire ...
9. The very good correct Fisher Canopy was added after painting.
And there she
The Sea Fury model "set in a real setting"......
1/32 model in the collection.
Look at the 1/72 Builds of Sea Furies
Back to 1/32 Models.......
(c) Copyright "designer"/ All rights reserved/ Amsterdam The Netherlands.Your comments are welcomed by webmaster
|Created this page April 3, 2009|